• question-icon

What causes difficulty in sexual intercourse?

Posted on Mon, 10 Jul 2017 in Men's Health
Question: Hi I am in late 60s and have a new lady 62 we have tried to have sex on a couple of occasions but I can only get the head of my penis inside her vaginal lipsand then can go no further -she humps against my penis in this position and in stimulates her clit and she orgasms but there is no satisfaction for me - at a tight squeeze I can just manage to push two fingers inside and my penis is wider than that - she is divorced and never had children
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Ask her how it went with her previous sexual contacts!

Detailed Answer:

IT might be that the opening of the vaginal is too small to allow for penetration without pain which causes her to reflexly prevent full penetration. If this be the case, counseling might help. The vaginal opening can also be dilated to accommodate your penis if the opening is to small.

In all, she needs a full exam to make sure there is nothing causing blockage inside the vaginal. If this is ruled out, then counseling would help. If there is some blockage, dilation with dilators might help.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 25 minutes later
As to previous partners - she has said only " that she has had no complaints in the past-it may be that they were not relationships as such - I find it hard to discuss as lots people find sex to be personal and any hint that it is not as it should be is taken personally
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I understand your difficulty!

Detailed Answer:

This is certainly a very sensitive stuff and bringing it up high be so difficult. However, you must be open about it else you wouldn’t enjoy it and it make take a toll on your relationship.

Observe her a little more, try a little harder and see whether this improves. If it doesn’t, consider bringing this up in a lovely and caring way.

Let me know how this goes.
Dr. Chobufo Ditah