What causes difficulty in retracting the penile foreskin?

Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal

Posted on Thu, 25 May 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hi, i just got a frenulectomy surgery, and now im healed, i thought frenulum breve was my only issue, but now i still have a little disconfort while retracting my foreskin when erect, i have a tight ring on my foreskin what should i do? Do streching rings work?
Answered by Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possible diagnosis: Phimosis

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for the query at HealthcareMagic

Tight band/ring around the foreskin is called phimosis. It may be an isolated problem or due to a result of the scarring.

You can try retracting foreskin gently every day, which can help relaxing the foreskin.

If it is persistent after trying retracting foreskin for few weeks, then a complete circumcision is recommended for a total relief.

Hope this answers your questions
Please address any further questions here

Dr.Lekshmi

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee