• question-icon

What causes difficulty in penetration during intercourse?

Posted on Thu, 20 Jul 2017 in Women's Health
Question: My wife vagina is small , couldnt insert my penis. to make her pregnant can I transfer sperms thorough my fingers. will she get pregnant?

Also sometimes my penis is not raising properly, when I am trying to insert in to vagina, it becomes small. Kindly suggest
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Try to relax and use lubrication.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Recently married couple in some cases need time to adjust emotionally as well as for sexual enjoyment and satisfaction.
Pain will disappear after some time, as after regular sex vagina becomes loose.
You can try few of the following.
1. Try using your fingers and see if there is any obstruction. If you can successfully insert two fingers, this will be enough to penetrate.
2. Use lots of lubrication/vaselene.
Indulge in lots of foreplay.You can also use artificial lubricants like KY jelly for same.While having intercourse keep a pillow under her hips for better penetration and ask her to be relaxed before the act.
Relaxation and foreplay will also help you in getting a good erection. Transferring sperms through fingers will reduce the chances of conception.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN