What causes difficulty in measuring BP reading from left arm?
I would explain as follows :
Welcome on HCM!
Regarding your concern, I would like to explain that first it is necessary to exclude a measurement artefact leading to absence of a BP reading on the left arm.
To overcome this problem it is necessary to investigate the presence of arterial pulse over the radial artery (located over the lateral part of the wrist).
Also an exact BP measurement equipment should be applied.
If no pulse and blood pressure readings are present, especially if associated symptoms occur (chest or pain, etc.), then you need to reconsult immediately the doctor to exclude a possible aortic or left arm artery disorder.
Hope to have been helpful to you!
Feel free to ask me whenever you need!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes persistent high bp
- What causes fluctuate bp
- What causes increase in bp despite on bp medication
- What causes low bp
- What causes spike in bp level
- What causes low bp in a child
- What causes high bp
- Experiencing pain in the left temple area caused by bp
- What is a 12778 bp reading
- What causes spike in bp at noon