What causes difficulty in maintaining an erection during sex despite taking Viagra?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: iam sorry, but I desperate to find a way to obtain an erection, Viagra dosen't work iam 74 but healthy had prostate radiation no surgery, you said before maybe I had a blockage? I so much want to love my lady friend!
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could be due to low testosterone.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I understand your concerns. Since viagra (sildenafil) does not seem to be effective, it is likely that your testosterone levels have fallen. You need to get a medical evaluation whether administration of testosterone would be right for you and if that would take care of your problem.

It is unlikely to be due to a blockage.