What causes difficulty in conceiving?
You need a few tests to know the cause.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
I went through the details submitted with diligence and I feel it is time you need to get help from a competent infertility specialist.
You and your partner will need battery of test as follows:
1. Semen analysis of husband from a good laboratory. Semen analysis is the first step.
2. If semen analysis is abnormal, you need to stop smoking & alcohol.
3. HSG (Hysterosalpingogram) to test the fallopian tubes. It's a simple test but an important investigation tool.
4. If both reports are normal, you will need follicular growth scan to know follicular growth and best time for intercourse.
With this stepwise evaluation which can be done under the guidance of an infertility specialist, we will be able to identify the problem and its solution.
For conception, try having intercourse every month around your ovulation days as it is the best time for conceiving. Ovulation is the release of a single, mature egg from a follicle that developed in the ovary.
After intercourse, do not wash immediately and keep on lying for some time. Your wife can also keep a pillow under her buttocks so that semen does not come out.
In preconception period, you both can take Vitamin-E and folic acid supplements for at least 3 months. Additionally, take healthy diet, control body weight by regular physical exercise, try to avoid mental stress/ emotional upset by regular meditation/ yoga, drink more water and eat fresh fruits, maintain genital hygiene and take sound sleep with complete relaxation
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of failure to conceive
- What is the cause for me not to conceive
- Is thyroid problem causing difficulty in conceiving
- Does depo shot cause difficulty in conceiving
- What is the cause of inability to conceive
- What causes ovulation so that i can conceive
- Does montair 10 cause difficulty in conceiving
- Difficulty in conceiving taking biopreg-f what is the cause
- Difficulty in conceiving semen analysis done what is the cause
- What might be the problem causing the delay in conceiving
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...