What causes difficulty in climbing stairs even after ACL reconstruction surgery?

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Question
I had ACL reconstruction operation done in my right knee, but problem is even after 2 years i still stuggle claimbing steps.
Posted Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It can be failed ACL surgery

Detailed Answer:
Usually after ACL surgery a patient is able to walk and run normally. If there is still feeling of instability after such a long time it can be due to two reasons.
1. Either ACL surgery was not done properly like wrong tunnels placement.
2. You may have ruptured your ACL ligament.
Cause of this can be confirmed with MRI . This will also help us to know about any other problem in knee like loose body or meniscus tear.
You can send your MRI report to me, I will try my best to help you.
Thanks.

Follow-up: What causes difficulty in climbing stairs even after ACL reconstruction surgery? 29 minutes later
Sure thank you. Will update u

Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Welcome

Detailed Answer:
I am looking forward to this.
Thanks.