What causes difficulty in burping and diarrhea?

Dr. Ratnakar Kini

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Wed, 24 Aug 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hello Doctors,

I am having a problem of burping. Even after drinking water or eating anything. Sometimes I could see food particles in stools(carrot , beans , avocado fruit)...There is no pain at all. Whenever I drink hot(like tea or coffee) I get a bowel movement. Most of the times stools are normal. I have oral thrush in the end of my tongue(not painful). I had nystatin drops for 10 days but doesn't work.

Kindly advise what could be the problem.
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
GERD/ IBS-D

Detailed Answer:
I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.

You have gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and diarrhea predominant Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS-D).

I presume you do not have other symptoms like weight loss, blood in stool or bowel movements disturbing your sleep.
I also presume you do not have any medical illness like diabetes.

Take the following medications for relief.

1. C.Ganaton Total 1-0-0 ( Before food) for 4 weeks
2. T.Librax 1-0-1 for 4 weeks
3. C.VSL #3 1-0-0 for 4 weeks.

Dr.R.K.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Ratnakar Kini 6 hours later
Thanks Doctor for your reply.

I have lost 4 to 5 kgs in January and then again gained 2 to 3 kgs in March. In March and April I was having beer.

Then again in XXXXXXX and July, I didnt notice any weight loss. But 'now I am feeling like losing weight. Kindly advice. I am not sure of my sugar level.

And also I am having pain in groin whenever walking for a long time or standing for a long time in last one week. Not sure if something is related. Pain goes away when I sit
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 30 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take medications as advised

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the additional information.
Get your blood glucose checked.
Take the medications which were suggested in my previous post.

The groin pain is not related to it.
If it is persistent, a clinical examination has to be done.
For occasional pain , you can take Dolo 650 for relief.
Dr.R.K
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj