question-icon

What causes difficulty in breathing through the nose?

Posted on Fri, 12 Oct 2018
Question: I have a problem breathing through the nose from when I was young, as the oxygen is not sufficient, I can sometimes but don't have a habit, also mostly one side is always blocked. I have visited doctor and got checked they said to get operation. So I wanted to know if it is actually needed or is there some other way of treating this
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal (7 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Nasal blockage

Detailed Answer:

You are probably having a deviated nasal septum. You should get a X-ray paranasal sinuses done and send me the picture so that I can suggest you better.You have been possibly advised to undergo a septal correction surgery but I can suggest you better once i get to see the X-ray.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal,
ENT Specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist