What causes difficulty in breathing or shortness of breath?
please do the following
Hello and Welcome to 'Ask A Doctor' service.
I can understand your concern.
According to the history, I would recommend you to be seen by a specialist (Pulmonologist) for better evaluation of your lungs.
If you were my patient I would do some examinations for you i.e. a chest X-Ray, a Spirometry test with bronchodilators and an Electrocardiography(ECG). It is very important to do them and to find the exact cause of breathlessness and further to decide about the right treatment.
Please discuss with your doctor for the above and I am sure he/she will guide you further.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Difficulty breathing causes
- Difficulty breathing in morning cause
- Can an infection cause difficulty breathing
- What could cause weakness dizziness difficulty breathing with bad headaches
- What can cause difficulty breathing
- Does chest infection cause difficulty breathing
- What causes cough with no mucus and difficulty breathing
- Difficulty breathing headache causes
- What causes pain with difficulty breathing
- Difficulty breathing shortness of breath
- Are pulmonary function tests advisable for diagnosing COPD?
- Suggest natural remedies for insomnia
- Suggest treatment for COPD in an elderly person
- Suggest treatment for pain in the ribs
- What causes cold while on Dextromethorphan?
- What causes constant pain in the ribs after injury?
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection in the lungs
- Suggest treatment for dry cough and pain in the ribs
- What causes fever and crackling sound in the cough?
- What causes frequent urination along with zits on the chest and face?