What causes difficulty in breathing and sleeping while on Levofloxacin and Prednisone?
CT scan of chest recommended.
After hearing your history, though your x ray is clear and you received steroid shot with levofloxacin and Prednisolone but still having breathing problem I would advise you to do a CT scan of the chest.
If any space occupying lesion is found in the CT then biopsy has to be made from it to rule out malignancy. I would advise you to go to the emergency immediately and do the CT scan.
As you are having breathing problem and you are COPD patient and was exposed to a friend who had pneumonia I would advise you to take a bronchodilator drug like tablet Asthalin twice daily after food for 5 days with your doctor.
By the time CT scans result comes you must complete the dose of antibiotic Levofloxacin which is generally once daily after food for 5 days and Prednisolone which should be taken for 5 days and then tapered as prescribed by your emergency room doctor.
If you are having pneumonia the antibiotic and steroid would cure your breathing problem, but if it still persists, then it could be a sign of lung cancer and you must do the CT scan to confirm that.
Dr Monish De
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Difficulty breathing causes
- Difficulty breathing in morning cause
- Can an infection cause difficulty breathing
- Difficulty breathing during sleep
- What could cause weakness dizziness difficulty breathing with bad headaches
- Difficulty breathing while sitting down
- What can cause difficulty breathing
- What causes cough with no mucus and difficulty breathing
- Difficulty breathing headache causes
- What causes pain with difficulty breathing
- What causes acid reflux post normal upper endoscopy?
- Suggest treatment for stage 3 non small cell lung cancer
- Suggest treatment for ovarian cancer
- What causes chronic abdominal pain, nausea and fatigue?
- What causes swelling in armpit,collar bone ,face and hair loss?
- Suggest alternatives to chemotherapy for gall bladder cancer?
- Is esophogeal cancer a slow growing cancer?
- Suggest treatment plan when suffering with breast cancer
- Suggest treatment for melanoma
- What are symptoms of leukemia and lyphoma?