What causes difficulty in breathing and persistent back pain?

Posted on Wed, 7 Jun 2017 in Cancer
Question: for the past few weeks I've weakening at night with pains in my upper back lung area and difficulty breathing , just wondering can you help me find out what it might be , I only get the pain when I lay down
Answered by Dr. Esmeralda Sera 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Thoracic pain

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking

Thoracic back pain can occur as a result of trauma or sudden injury, or it can occur through strain or poor posture over time. The most common cause of thoracic back pain appears to originate from muscular irritation or other soft tissue problems.

I will suggest you radiografy of spinal cord in this aera and pulmonary radiografy at first

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Esmeralda Sera

Oncologist