What Causes Difficulty In Breathing Along With Slight Chest Pain?
At night, I cannot sleep when this happens. What could be happening here?
What drugs are taken for something like this?
Yes these ca be anxiety related.
Hello thanks for asking from HCM
Troubled breathing associated with chest pressure could be anxiety related but other medical causes should be ruled out.
The troubled breathing might be due to some cardiac issue and an ECG should be done to rule out any cardiac cause. If the ECG comes normal then no need to worry. This could be due to iron deficiency anaemia which could cause similar presentation. Even hypothyroidism can cause similar symptoms.
If these medical causes are ruled out then yes these are part of anxiety. If you have any ongoing stress, and these symptoms have some association with stress then anxiety should be treated.
SSRIs like Sertraline, Citalopram can help in these symptoms. You can discuss with your doctor for these medicines.
Thanks and Take care
Please don't hesitate to ask again for more doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cervical myelopathy breathing difficulty
- Respiratory difficulty
- Unfolded aorta causing breathing difficulty
- Neck pain and swallowing difficulty
- Prostatitis and breathing difficulty
- Medical term for speech difficulty
- Hiatal hernia breathing difficulty
- Pinched nerve breathing difficulty
- Spondylosis breathing difficulty
- Hiatal hernia and sleep difficulty