• question-icon

What causes difficulty in breathing along with cough?

Posted on Mon, 10 Jul 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I can't breathe when laying down, Then takes ages to stop coughing and gasping for breath before semi normal. Have been seeing doctor since February for this issue but all he does is send me for tests and more tests. I can't live like this.Had house painted inside in Feb. and couldn't open windows.
Husband smoked for 40 years of marriage.,, but only outside.
Have dog with skin problems.
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
After going through the medical details provided by you I would like to tell you that your symptoms of dyspnoea at rest is suggestive of orthopnea which is indicative of significant decrease in cardiac function ( Heart Failure ). Yes this could be a possible chf.

You need to get yourself evaluated by a cardiologist and also an echocardiogram is required to assess LV function.

I hope this information will be helpful. Feel free to ask if you have any more doubts.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist