What causes difficulty in bowel movements?
It means you should establish and follow a routine plan!
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about this difficulty with your bowel movements. What the doctor means is that you should treat the body to a routine so as to force it to follow this rhythm. For instance, you may choose that everyday first thing in the morning, you will go to the toilet. Whether you stool or not, do not worry. S you persistently do so, the body would be forced into that structured rhythm. In addition to doing so, increase vegetables ,fruits, fluids and fibers are essential in having regular bowels. Also, regular exercise will help with bowel movements. If all these fail, then continue with laxatives such as metamucil.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes bloating and difficulty in bowel movements
- What causes difficulty in bowel movements in children
- What causes dark bowel movement
- What causes explosive bowel movements
- What is the cause for irregular bowel movement
- What causes loose bowel movements
- What causes liquid bowel movement
- What causes continous bowel movements
- What causes smelly bowel movements
- What causes continual bowel movements