What causes difficulty in bowel movement with pain?
pain and blood as I kept trying to eliminate. I went to my MD & he checked my rectum & said he
could tell I had an impaction but it was a little soft. He recommended two laxative suppositories
& a glycerine enema. I had a large painful bowel movement late yesterday. Today I still feel pain
in my rectum when I am trying to reach the toilet. I have had several bowel movements today which
are formed, but accompanied by liquid. Sorry this is all so gross.
Life style modifications. Local lignocaine gel.
I went through your query and understood your concerns.
The history of bowel movement that seemed to large to pass and it caused bad
pain and blood suggest more towards anal fissure. This will cause pain till its complete healing. So continue laxative, drink plenty of water and application of local anaesthetic drug like lignocaine jelly will help in relieving pain.
Also more important is to follow simple measures like
1. You should visit toilet or defecation only when you feel to defecate. Don't stress yourself during defecation.
2. Plenty of fluids and fibre diet.
3. For pain application of lignocaine gel will help you.
4. Practice regular food habit.
5. Daily 30 min outdoor activities.
The pain usually relieved in couple of days. You can also take analgesic like acetaminophen or ibuprofen which will relieve your pain.
The several bowel moment may be due to drug/laxative used.
Hope i answered your query and these information are useful. Feel free to ask further related query.
Wish you faster recovery and good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes bloating and difficulty in bowel movements
- What causes difficulty in bowel movements in children
- What causes pain during bowel movement with blood in stool
- What causes frequent vomiting diarrhea and painful bowel movement
- What causes loose bowel movements
- What causes blood during bowel movement and abdominal pain
- What causes pain and hardness to have bowel movement
- What is the cause of crippling pain before bowel movements
- What causes smelly bowel movements
- What could cause abdominal pains bowel movement and odd taste