What causes difficulty in bone marrow aspiration?

Question
My wife had a bone marrow a few days ago, at the time the doctor told us everything went well. He also told us he had a little problem in removing the liquid from marrow. What may have caused this?
Tue, 12 Jun 2018 in Blood Disorders

Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello. It may be related to poor access

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. i have gone through your query. The causes of poor retrieval of marrow can be either poor placement of needle in the marrow space, or dysplastic marrow.
Poor placement appears to be the cause in your case. There is nothing to worry.
Please send me further details as why bone marrow was ordered. I can give you more information then.
Thanks and regards