What causes difficulty in bending fingers?

Dr. Chander Mohan Singh

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 2 Mar 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I wake up serval times a night and can't bend my fingers. Cannot make a fist anymore. I am female,66 years of age.
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get investigated.

Detailed Answer:
I have read your query.

From the symptoms you are explaining it seems that you are having carpal tunnel syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis etc.

So get serum RA factor done and send me the report.

If report is negative then its due to carpal tunnel syndrome.

If I am your treating doctor I would advise you first 7 days course of anti-inflammatory, if not treated then arthroscopic surgery to release the band of your wrist to release the compresed nerve, ( rheumatoid factor report is negative).

I would like to advise you that you must visit of the orthopedic surgeon and discuss all this with him, he will do a physical examination and act accordingly.

Till then have tab.aceclofenac100mg+serratiopeptidase15mg by prescription of your doctor.

Apply hot packs.

Avoid weightlifting and excessive work with hands like typing etc.

Thanks,

Dr. chander XXXXXXX Singh
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng