What causes difficulty in achieving orgasm inspite of being on Vyvanse?

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in Mental Health
Question: I take 70 mg of vyvanse eachday for ADHD. Lately I've noticed delayed or unable to achieve orgasm. Biggest problem is when I do orgasm I have pain in my testicles for about two hours.
In addition I've noticed an increased libido and often have orgasms that last for two minutes
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Hanif 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
These are side effects of Vyvanse

Detailed Answer:
I welcome you at my virtual clinic Dear, XXXX!

I have gone through your case thoroughly and want to assure you that don't panic. It all seems to be due to Amphetamine (Vyvanse) drug which you are taking now a days. This drug causes Impotence, changes in libido, frequent and prolonged erections. Normally, when a male ejaculates the penis erection diminishes. What you say is prolonged ejaculation is actually prolonged erection even after ejaculation is over.

I have a few questions which needs your kind attention and answers:-

Right yes for any of these symptoms, if you have it:-
*Restlessness, dizziness, sleep disturbances, euphoria, tremore, headache?
*Palpitations, tachycardia( increased heart beats), any recent increase in Blood Pressure?
*Dry mouth, unpleasant taste, diarrhea, constipation, recent weight loss?

Regards!
Dr. Hanif XXXXXXX USA
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Hanif 53 minutes later
Yes
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Hanif 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
So its established that you are facing the side effects of Amphetamine

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX!

I welcome you back on my Virtual Clinic. I want to reassure you that based on your history and presentation you are having sode effects of the Vyvanse. If this is unbearable and uncomfortable for you, you may consult the prescribing physocian for a better option as alternative medicine.
Vyvanse is from the stimulant category of drugs and most effective first line treatment. I usually start at a low dose and titraye up for more clinical efficacy and tolerance.
Don't take medicine too close to bedtime to avoid many symptoms of side effects.
Second line treatment includes Atomoxetine. I use it if first line therapy isn't acceptable due to any cause. But it is not so effective as Vyvanse.
Behavioural Psychotherapy, cognitive therapy and psychosocial interventions are other options which I use mostly as alternative. You may ask your physician about them Mr. XXXX.

Hope it helps you. Please don't forget to give your valuable review and good Star feedback for this case handeling. It makes me better to assist you in future too.
If any questions related to your health, you may " Ask me a Question" directly from my profile.

Regards!
DR. HANIF XXXXXXX USA
Dr. Muhammad Hanif