What causes difficulty exhalation along with chest pain and headache?

Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have been having problems breathing, I can breathe in good but have a hard time breathing out. Get dizzy slot, have headaches

Have bee n to the doctor with pains in my chest and they said it was panic attacks.

Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

You describe chest pain with a history of panic attacks. The first step is to do exactly as you are, which is checking out the heart and lungs. This includes an EKG, echo, and stress test. If these are normal, I would get PFTs (pulmonary function tests). I would continue to do this workup until you have a medical diagnosis, if any. If these are negative, this is likely panic, which can be treated with an SSRI antidepressant and/or CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy). Either way, you will get better!

Please remember to rate and close this answer when you are finished and satisfied.

In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private link below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private link: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad