Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

What causes difficulty conceiving?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 673 Questions
Am married for 2years 8months now. My wife had to suffer from miscarriage once in the month of June 2013. The doctor advised us not to try for a baby for 3months which we followed. Since October last we have been trying for a baby but in vain. Last month my wife did go through Follicular study scan which suggested it was all normal. Now I want to get myself examined to check if everything is OK with me. Please suggest. Thanks.
Posted Thu, 27 Mar 2014 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Semen analysis. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to HCM. For fertility evaluation of male partner generally we start with semen analysis (sample to be given after 2-3 days of sexual abstinence). If semen analysis report is normal, normally no further investigation is needed. Kindly get it done from any standard lab (preferably from IVF center if possible, as those labs generaly maintain high quality of standards) & get back with report for further guidence. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Infertility Spclst

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor