What causes difficulty breathing while sleeping?
Can you kindly report your weight and height to me?
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about this difficulty sleeping well because of this breathing issue. I will like to know what your weight and height are as this could be a contributing factor. However, this may require that you get a sleep study which means you would be monitored in a laboratory during a sleeping episode to understand what precisely goes on for diagnosis and treatment. With these breathing difficulties, I will also suggest you reconsider your decision of continuing with cigarettes smoking as this is not good for respiration, the lungs and your overall health state.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, thanks for using our services.
This could be sleep apnea! See a sleep physician!
This is likely sleep apnea from the weight and height you have reported? Do you snore at night? I will suggest you see a sleep physician for further investigations and management. You may need an assistive device for breathing at night if this persists and the findings suggest so.
Keep me posted about this. I wish you well.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Difficulty breathing causes
- Difficulty breathing in morning cause
- Can an infection cause difficulty breathing
- Difficulty breathing during sleep
- What could cause weakness dizziness difficulty breathing with bad headaches
- Difficulty breathing while sitting down
- What can cause difficulty breathing
- What causes cough with no mucus and difficulty breathing
- Difficulty breathing headache causes
- What causes pain with difficulty breathing