question-icon

What causes difficulties urinating as per the attached Uroflowmetry reports?

Posted on Tue, 21 Aug 2018
Question: Hi Doctor,
I was observing for past 2-3 years that I take more time in urination as compared to others. As it was something about which I was a bit shy to talk about and it was not something which was doing any harm to me so, I was keeping it to myself.

Few days back I visited a doctor and he had done uroflowmetry and suggested to do endoscopy to check the cause. I am attaching the report of Uroflowmetry.
In endoscopy, he said that all seems to be ok and no stricture found. Prescription attached.
He told me that this can be due to weakness in contraction power of bladded and suggested few medicines which I am mentioning and attaching prescription as well. Want to have a second opinion regarding the same. Also, please let me know if it is something to worry about?
Answered by Dr. Dr. P. T. Patil (7 hours later)
Brief Answer:
You seem to have Detrusor underactivity.

Detailed Answer:

Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Thanks for query .Based on the facts and reports that you have posted you seem to have Detrusor (Bladder muscle ) under activity .However this can be confirmed by one more test called Urodynamic Study of bladder.

The medicine Alfuzosin that you have been prescribed helps to relax the smooth muscles in bladder neck and prostatic part of urethra and Urotome increases the power of contraction of bladder muscle.

However I would suggest you to discuss with your Urologist to get Urodynamic study of bladder which is the most specific test to confirm the diagnosis ,.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr. P. T. Patil, Urologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist