What causes diarrhea while on Mirtazapine and Pregabalin?
pregabalin can cause diarrhoea
Thanks for writing to us.
You mentioned that you have complaints of diarrhoea since you started medicines. Mirtazapine causes constipation commonly and pregabalin can cause diarrhoea.
You are taking total 225 mg of pregabalin which is high dose. Likely possibility is that pregabalin is responsible for diarrhoea. We can confirm the same by reducing/stopping pregabalin.
Even after stopping pregabalin problem continues we need to search for other cause.
Hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to help further.
I would recommend night dose reduction
Thanks for follow up.
If I were your treating doctor I would like to reduce night dose to 75 mg first. After 1 week I would like to stop 75 mg morning dose and keep only night 75 mg dose.
Feel free to discuss further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes consistent diarrhea
- What causes instant diarrhea
- What causes explosive diarrhea
- What causes violent diarrhea
- What are the possible causes for diarrhea
- What causes acid diarrhea
- What causes continuous diarrhea
- What causes diarrhea in children
- What are the causes of prolonged diarrhea
- What can cause diarrhea