What causes diarrhea while on Mifepristone?

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Tue, 31 Oct 2017 in Birth Control
Question: Hi. I had taken mifepriston 30 hours ago, and 2hours ago I took 4 misoprostol swallowed with water.
after I ate rice and diarrhea.. Is it still working? And What are problems happen?
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It's effective

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
Yes, misoprostol will work even if you had food and had diarrhoea after taking it.
There should not be any vomiting after taking it.
There will be bleeding and pain in the abdomen within 24 hours of taking the pill.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 17 minutes later
So Do i have to take misoprostol again?
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
No need

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear, there is no need to repeat the dose of misoprostol, as the first dose is absorbed in the body.
Dr Deepti Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 7 hours later
When can i take shower?
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Anytime

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear, you can take shower anytime.
It has no relation to any medication.
Dr Deepti Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana