What causes diarrhea while on Azithromycin?
HSV 2 infection has to be ruled out by investigations.
Tab.Azithromycyin can cause Gastrointestinal problems (diarrhea) in certain individuals. If you are not able to tolerate Azithromycin, you can try multidose Doxycyclin for Chlamydial infection (if any), under the guidance of your physician.
Red rashes over the shaft and foreskin of the penis could unlikely be due to drug rashes. Such localized (confined to genitals alone) reactions are rare with Azithromycin. Urine examination will reveal whether your urethritis got cured or not.
Possibility of HSV 2 can not be ruled out without an examination or investigation.
Unlikely to occur in conditions other than STDs.
Burning sensation during urination, blisters and inguinal glands enlargement can occur individually in conditions other than STDs, but all the three put together occur with genital herpes simplex, a STD.
Dr S Murugan
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes consistent diarrhea
- What causes instant diarrhea
- What causes explosive diarrhea
- What causes violent diarrhea
- What are the possible causes for diarrhea
- What causes acid diarrhea
- What causes continuous diarrhea
- What causes diarrhea in children
- What are the causes of prolonged diarrhea
- What can cause diarrhea