What causes diarrhea, stomach cramps, nausea and black stool?
Drink fluids. Rule out in ER the cause of black stool.
Thank you for using HCM,
I read very carefully your query.
In general food poisening have 1 day vomiting and as much long diarrhea.
You are describing that you are having diarrhea for almost 3 days now, and it looks like its getting worse. Black color, if that color is very black, may be a sign of blood in the stool coming from the stomach, or may be connected with the food (if you have eaten something that may give the stool black color).
I would recommend to take a proton pomp inhibitor to help the stomach pain (omeprazole 20mg with empty stomach);
try drink as much water as possible or take fluids with food. If that is not possible and you feel very tired, then its a sign of severe dehydration and you may need intravenous fluids.
Either way, you should consider checking your stool for parasites, or blood, and rule out that the black color is not because of blood or because you have a bacterial infection that may need antibiotics.
Hope this is helpful. Let me know if you need any more clarification. I would be happy to answer.
Wish you good healing and hopefully you will get better and won't need to go to the ER.
Let me know if I can help with any question you have.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sweating diarrhea stomach cramps cold chills
- Treatment for vomiting diarrhea stomach cramps acid reflux
- Can peanut allergy cause digestive problems, such as diarrhea, stomach cramps, nausea or vomiting?
- Bleeding nose diarrhea stomach cramps
- Vomiting diarrhea stomach cramps reason
- Chronic diarrhea stomach cramps taking imodium remedy
- Diarrhea stomach cramps fever headache
- Diarrhea stomach cramps and feeling sick
- What is the cure for diarrhea stomach cramps and nausea
- Diarrhea stomach cramps and headache
- What causes bulge around rectal area that appears post exercise?
- Suggest tests to diagnose herpes infection
- What causes difficulty in losing weight while suffering from blood clot...
- Can Hydroxycut be taken daily along with Metformin?
- Suggest treatment for torn achilles tendon and nerve pain on left foot
- Can Clindamycin cause tendon rupture?
- What causes tender lesions on back spreading towards breast?
- What is low body temperature defined as?
- How long does Morphine remain in the body?
- What causes fever, cough and strange sound while breathing?