• question-icon

What causes diarrhea, stomach ache, nose congestion and cough?

Posted on Mon, 30 May 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: i have
diarreah im achey all over congested stuffy nose and cough head ache and i threw up yesterday i did eat a chickensalad sub from subway so i thought it could be food poisin but now im not sure.
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Its acute gastroenteritis.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to health care magic, I share your concern and I will try to help you out in best possible way.
The signs and symptoms you have mentioned along with history indicates that you have acute gastroenteritis due to consumption of unhealthy food or might have been infected by not maintaining good hand hygiene before food consumption. You also have viral infection of upper respiratory tract.
Coming to treatment part, I recommend you to take following medications
1. tab sporolac thrice daily for 3 days. its a probiotic which will replace normal gut bacteria.
2. tab. ciplox TZ twice daily for 5 days(antibiotic)
3. tab pan d once daily for 5 days in the morning 30 mins before food.
4. tab sinarest twice daily for two days.
consume plenty of fluids like juices, tender coconut water etc
avoid solid food like non veg, roti etc.. for 3 days, eat porridge, bland food like rice and dal, curd rice etc.
If these symptoms persist after two days of treatment I recommend you to go for few investigations like stool microscopy, and stool culture and sensitivity tests.
I hope this helps you.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
Dr. Naveen XXXXXXX
Medical Consultant.
Ebix, Inc.
YYYY@YYYY

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar
Dr. Naveen Kumar