What causes diarrhea, severe cramps and bloating?
Take fluids and electrolites- symptoms should subside in a few more days
Thank you for asking at HCM.
I carefully read your question and understand your concern.
The most important thing while having diarrhea is getting enough fluids and electrolytes in your diet. Make sure you get hydrated by taking oral rehydration solutions (ORS) which will supplement you with the needed electrolytes also.
If you are not having a bowel movement since 2 days now this might partially be due to not having enough food the last days and partially due to medications that were given for the diarrhea.
Are you taking any medications at the moment ?
I am surprised they did CT scan because of diarrhea, did they do other tests also ?
Did you have blood with the diarrhea ? Any other symptoms ?
I would say: if no blood with the diarrhea, make sure you take plenty of ORS, have frequent small amount of food during the day, BRAT diet might be helpful (bread, rice, apple, toast), take yogurt along with these too.
Fruit and vegetable are good but avoid fried food or spicy or fat food in the next few days.
Generally the symptoms fade by 3-5 days and rarely they go beyond that. If you have had blood with the diarrhea then you will need to see your doctor.
Hope this is helpful and answers to your question. I wish you will get better soon.
Feel free to ask further
Dr Antoneta Zotaj
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What can cause severe cramps in my back
- What is the cause of severe cramps in ribs area
- What causes stomach pain and severe cramping
- What caused severe cramp and brown discharge in the morning
- What causes delayed periods with severe cramps
- Severe cramp causes
- Microgynon causing severe cramps
- Severe cramping diarrhea dizziness taking antibiotics for tick bite cause
- Diarrhea and severe cramping in stomach what does this indicate
- What could cause severe cramps and back pain
- What causes an episode of chills, dizziness and focusing issues?
- What causes mildly raised INR level despite taking Warfarin?
- What does the following colposcopy report indicate?
- What do the following ultrasound reports indicate?
- What causes a red rash on the arm?
- What causes diarrhea, severe cramps and bloating?
- Suggest treatment for small bumps between the legs and near the buttocks
- What causes redness in the eyes?
- Suggest treatment for severe joint pain in the knees, elbows and ankles
- Suggest treatment for severe headaches and mouth ulcers while having...