• question-icon

What causes diarrhea in a twin infants after eating?

Posted on Wed, 1 Jun 2016 in Child Health
Question:
My twin kids are going for loose motion after every solid feed , they are 7 month old . it's happening since 5 days , we are giving econorm daily , any better suggestion??
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is normal. Nothing needs to be done about it.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

Let me assure you that there is a phenomenon called gastrocolic reflex which may make a child pass stool after each feed. It is normal and not a cause for concern. Nothing needs to be done about it. Let me know if the stool is watery. If that is the case, all you need to do is to give ORS (oral rehydration solution) to make up for the salt and water lost.

Since it is a normal phenomenon, giving Econorm is not going to make a difference. In fact, curd or yogurt contains similar bacteria and would do the same thing.

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician