What causes diarrhea and vomiting in a child?
Don't worry ...it could be viral diarrhea
Hi, Thank you for consulting in Health Care magic.
It seems your kid is having acute watery diarrhea probably due to some water ingestion from the lake. Unless the kid's having low urine output or very dull or excessively sleepy or blood in motion or green bilious vomiting...you need not worry. These signify dehydration and obstruction.
I suggest you use zinc supplements & ORS. In addition, I would start syrup ondansetron 0.15mg/kg/dose thrice a day 30minutes before feeds to make sure she doesn't vomit. You can discuss with her treating doctor. He/she can help you with a prescription.
Hope my answer was helpful for you. I am happy to help any time. Further clarifications and consultations on Health care magic are welcome. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish your kid good health.
Dr. Sumanth MBBS., DCH., DNB (Paed).,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes consistent diarrhea
- What causes instant diarrhea
- What causes explosive diarrhea
- What causes violent diarrhea
- What causes acid diarrhea
- What causes continuous diarrhea
- What could cause bleeding of the bowelconstipation diarrhea and vomiting
- What are the causes of prolonged diarrhea
- What can cause diarrhea
- Cause of vomiting and diarrhea in baby