What causes diarrhea and pain in lower left abdomen after a partial colectomy?
Dont think it is related to surgery
Hi and welcome.
If this was just partial colectomy without colostomy and with primary anastomosis then these diarrhea is not likely to be related with surgery. Only if more than 2/3 of colon is resected,then such difficulties may occur. Diarrhea may persist for few weeks after surgery but later it should be gone,especially after few months. So this is maybe related to anxiety,certain medications or diet. You should try with probiotics,easier god,boiled meat,fresh vegetables and fruit,avoid coffee,alcohol and carbonated drinks. Also,try to eat smaller meals but more often. if there won't be improvement,you should do colonoscopy and check your stool for parasitic infection. Wish you good health. Regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diarrhea after partial colectomy
- What is the cause of bleeding after diarrhea
- What causes abdominal pain with diarrhea
- What is the cause for stomach pain and diarrhea
- What causes orange diarrhea with stomach pain
- What causes stomach pains and diarrhea after eating
- What causes stomach pain with bloating and diarrhea
- What causes diarrhea after eating
- What causes abdominal pain with diarrhea and bloody stool
- Pain in lower left abdomen with diarrhea
- Do acid fruit juices have any effect on digestive tract?
- How long do CEA levels take to normalise post colon cancer surgery?
- Suggest treatment for severe leg swelling
- What causes an extra growth in the scrotum?
- Is accidental contact of Neosporin in eyes harmful?
- Is blood in urine after kidney stone removal surgery normal?
- Suggest remedies for a knot on upper right thigh post an injury
- Is Milk of magnesia the right medicine for constipation?
- How long does cocaine remain in the system for a surgery?
- Are veins on dorsal side of penis normal to be prominent?