• question-icon

What causes diarrhea along with chest and shoulder pain?

Posted on Mon, 31 Jul 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hi, I have loose motions from 3 days and now I had headach, chest pain and shoulder pain I had lemon water and banana what do I do now.; I also have trouble in sleeping due to shoulder pain and chest pain.After taking paracetamol headache is reduced and due to entronil loose motions frequency is controlled
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
The electrolyte imbalance needs to be reversed.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone very carefully through your query. You have diarrhea. In order to relieve yourself, you need to do the following:
* Take plenty of ORS (oral rehydration solution) to replenish the lost fluids and salts.
* Your diarrhea is leading to depletion of electrolytes and is thereby affecting the muscle function, thus leading to various types of aches. Take juicy fruits like citrus fruits. They contain plenty of potassium which should help in proper functioning of the muscles and in reduction of the cramps.
* Take Prilosec (omeprazole) once daily before breakfast. You possibly have a component of gastritis as well and that could be the reason for your getting chest pains.
* Take curd or yogurt on daily basis. It contains beneficial bacteria and should help.
* You may take paracetamol for headaches.
* Stress reduction has a very important role to play. Yoga and meditation should help.

Hopefully that should help.

Let me know if I could help further.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 13 hours later
Thanks a lot for your consultation, I went to doctor due to pain increased the Ecg was normal and had ibugesic the pain intensity decreased but still persist
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Paracetamol is a better alternative.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back. Please bear in mind that although ibugesic is a pain killer, it is also a gastric irritant. So, in case the pain is due to gastritis, ibugesic will eventually make the pain worse. Rather, taking paracetamol is a better idea.

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha