question-icon

What causes diarrhea after having heavy meal?

Posted on Fri, 20 May 2016
Question: Hi when I reach a certain weight I always seem to get Diarrhea.
when I try to get to that weight I eat a lot I don't maybe if I am eating to much at once maybe that's it. the diarrhea doesn't last long as I take gastro stop to stop it. and there is no blood or mucous. Thank You.
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu (33 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Need more medical information..

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for asking!
You are reporting that when you reach a certain weight you get diarrhea.
Usually there is no relations between weight and diarrhea. This is why to my opinion it is an coincidence.
Otherwise to give a proper opinion I need to know more of your medical reports like:
- how does it long diarrhea?
- Is it associated with blood,mucous ?
- Is your diarrhea associated with a certain food?
Hope it was helpful to you.
Dr.Klerida
Follow up: Dr. Klerida Shehu (31 minutes later)
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu (12 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Please follow

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,
You are reporting to have these symptoms especially diarrhea after a heavy meal.
It is caused probably by large amount of sugar and fatty on a large amount of meal.
It is called osmotic diarrhea. In such cases the meal can't be absorbed totally by the gut , so it pass away as diarrhea.
If you want to increase weight you need to eat often and not large amount of meal.
Hope it was helpful to you.
Dr.Klerida

Follow up: Dr. Klerida Shehu (23 minutes later)
Ok I will give that a try thank you
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu (6 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Please follow...

Detailed Answer:
Hi back
Wish you health!
Dr.Klerida
Dr. Klerida Shehu

Gastroenterologist