What causes diarrhea after eating?

Question
I get diarrhea after I eat breakfast and lunch which works out to 4 or 5 times. Does not happen after dinner. Once in awhile I get cramps. Other than that I feel great
Tue, 29 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Symptoms suggest IBS but infective element should be ruled out

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.

Based on the history you have shared, though symptoms suggest element of Inflammatory bowel syndrome however with age of presentation and recentness of symptoms, favors more to the presence of some infective exposure.

I would suggest to have stool analysis done, and to start preliminary antibiotics like metronidazole and ciprofloxacin after discussing with your primary care physician. For cramps antispasmodic like drotavarine can be used.

Water and electrolytes loss should be compensated with oral rehydration salts. Heavy, high fat or high protein diets should be avoided and soft diets for a week can help.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope this has answered your query m If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards.