What causes diarrhea after consumption of gluten?
Try going off gluten again first
Hi, thank you for using Healthcare Magic. Since the diarrhea returned with you consuming gluten, it seems that maybe you are truly gluten sensitive, even if not diagnosed true celiac. Before getting different opinions, you might want to try going off gluten awhile and see if the diarrhea resolves again. If not, then you could consider seeing a gastroenterologist.
If you are thinking you might have Crohn's disease regardless, then seeing a gastroenterologist is the appropriate choice. You don't mention other symptoms besides the diarrhea. People with Crohn's often have a lot of abdominal pain, sometimes weight loss and bleeding from the intestines. These are certainly reasons to see a gastroenterologist.
In any case, a colonoscopy is recommended as a screening test starting in your 50s, so it's time to see a gastroenterologist anyway! When you see the specialist, you can tell him or her about your other concerns. S/he would know what additional tests will be necessary to rule out Crohn's and celiac disease.
So try going gluten free again while you get scheduled to see the gastroenterologist. Hope this answers your query. If you have further questions, I would be happy to answer them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of bleeding after diarrhea
- What causes diarrhea after taking aloevera
- What causes diarrhea after meth binge
- What causes diarrhea immediately after taking food
- What causes continuous diarrhea
- What causes diarrhea after taking probiotics
- What causes mucus discharge after diarrhea
- What causes stomach pains and diarrhea after eating
- What causes diarrhea after eating
- What causes diarrhea even after stopping novamox
- Suggest treatment for depression
- What causes dizziness and tingling on finger tips?
- Is it safe to consume alcohol despite heart attack and heart damage?
- What causes two small red spots on soft palate area?
- What is the correlation between atrial fibrillation and ear flutter in...
- What causes abdominal pain in lower left quadrant area?
- What causes slow growth of hair on body?
- Suggest treatment for anxiety and depression
- Suggest ways to reduce body fat
- Can using lifts reduce ones height?