What causes diarhhea with upper stomach pain,nausea and green stool?

General Surgeon
Question
I have diabetes Type II.
Diahrea (sp) very bad for 6 weeks and have to take ant-diahreal (over the counter) about every 12 hours. I also am getting once a month shots for B-12 def.
Symptoms:
Leg cramps
upper stomach pain
food goes right thru my system as green water
nausea
weakness
some over all aching when the diahrea hits
gas
small feeling of indigestion but only after other symptoms above are going on
Posted Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Deepika Patil 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
looks like gastroenteritis

Detailed Answer:
Hi,.

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

As per your history and symptoms, you seem to be having gastroenteritis.

Though this is usually self limiting condition but since you are having it for six weeks now, its high now that you start on antibiotics and for this you need to see a local doctor as all antibiotics are prescription drugs.

Hope I have been helpful.

Dr.Deepika Patil

Follow-up: What causes diarhhea with upper stomach pain,nausea and green stool? 2 hours later
I have a doctors apt this coming wed, should I be careful what I eat and drink to help control it. How do you get this particular gastro problem? Thank you for your help.

Answered by Dr. Deepika Patil 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
mostly food poisoning

Detailed Answer:

Yes you need to be careful of what and from where you eat. Eat well washed and properly cooked food.

Till you are having diarrhea, drink plenty of fluids to prevent dehydration. If you can get WHO-ORS solution and preprobiotics from your nearby chemist without prescription, get that and take that. Eat fresh curds and bananas.

Hope I have been helpful .

Dr.Deepika Patil