What causes diabetes?
What do you wish to know about Diabetes?
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
Diabetes is a broad subject. I will like to know what you desire to learn about diabetes.
In summary, diabetes means there is too much sugar in blood. This manifests with the urge to urinate often in huge volumes, always feeling thirsty and drinking so much water. it affects both the young and old. There are grossly two types: Type 1 and type 2.
Those at risk of having diabetes are persons whose parents have diabetes, they are overweight or obese, do not exercise often, eat junk food, etc.
To say you have diabetes, we do a blood test and depending on the result, we would say you have it or not. Treatment is great and when well treated, you would live as long as any other person.
Main treatment consists of healthy diet, regular exercise and drugs.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is causing the bleeding in the nose with diabetes
- What causes diabetic sores
- Diabetes causes
- What causes diabetic coma in pregnancy
- What causes diabetes
- What is the cause of purple toes with diabetes
- What causes diabetic neuropathy
- What is the cause of numbness in fingers with diabetes
- What causes itching in diabetics
- What causes a diabetic male to shiver
- What causes enlarged heart?
- What causes spotting after having sex?
- Suggest side effects of Premarin
- Suggest treatment for recurrent urinary tract infection
- Can Wimpat,Keppra and Lamictal be taken when BP is high?
- When can orgasm be experienced after a total hystorectomy?
- Is tremination of pregnancy at after 26 weeks advisable?
- What causes swelling at the injection site?
- Suggest treatment for Angioma
- What causes chronic Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura?