What causes deviated nasal septum?
My nose is blocked most of the times during night times.Past one month i consulted a doctor,told me that right nostril is bulged and gave me medicines (BZON 0.5,L DIO M along with otrivine) for 10 days. Especially during night sleep, my mouth remains open and saliva coming out continuously, not able to sleep properly. Please suggest me what to be done for safe breathing. Waiting for your kind reply.
Anil XXXXXXX XXXXXXX : +91-0000
May be suffering from the deviated nasal septum right side
I have gone through your query; it suggests that you may be suffering from the deviated nasal septum right side. If this condition is not improved after above mentioned treatment, then better to go for the septolasty surgery.
But to rule out other disease and to reach the near diagnosis first goes for
1. Anterior rhinoscopy and posterior rhinoscopy.
2. Nasal endoscopy if needed and
3. CT Scan paranasal sinuses if needed.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the symptoms of deviated nasal septum
- Deviated nasal septum fever
- Causes of inflamed nasal septum
- Does deviated nasal septum causes tinnitus
- What is the treatment for deviated nasal septum
- Deviated nasal septum and wheezing
- Yoga for deviated nasal septum
- Deviated nasal septum and insomnia
- Nasal septum perforation causes
- Pansinusitis caused by deviated nasal septum?