What causes dermoid cyst during pregnancy?
Don't be worried much.
Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments:
1) Dermoid cyst is the MOST common BENIGN germ cell tumor of the ovary. It gets calcified in 50% cases.
In this case, you have NOTHING to worry as there is small calcification and it is NOT harmful to baby or mother. It can be operated after delivery of the baby if elective C-section is preferred. Kindly, consult with your doctor regarding this.
2) Mild swollen lymph node and tonsil may be due to viral or bacterial infection. She needs to maintain oral hygiene properly through warm saline gargle (2 to 3 times daily).
Some antibiotic (like Amoxicillin or Cephalexin) can be given if required in case of soreness of throat and difficulty in swallowing. In that case, you should take a complete prescription from your treating doctor.
Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.
Wish her good health and successful motherhood.
Dr S Patra
For future query, you can directly approach me through
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Dermoid cyst pregnancy experience
- Complicated dermoid cyst causes
- How to remove dermoid cyst during pregnancy
- Ovarian dermoid cyst causes
- What is a dermoid cyst
- What is dermoid cyst on forearm
- Fibroma , dermoid cyst causes
- Does dermoid cyst cause dizziness
- Dermoid cyst cause hormone imbalance
- Dermoid cyst causes