What causes depression and tiredness in a person with thyroid disorder?
Hypothyroidism can cause depression.But other causes to be ruled out
Hypothyroidism can cause depression. Did you mean that your doctor changed 200 mcg levothyroxine to natural thyroid preperation ( Armour thyroid) ? When dose was altered, it is quite possible for you to develop low thyroid hormone levels. This can cause depression.
A thyroid blood test will reveal your current hormone status. However, other causes of depresion should be looked in to.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Isolated thyroid disorder causes
- Immune thyroid disorders causes
- Thyroid disorder diabetes causes
- Thyroid disorder causes
- What is the remedy for thyroid disorder
- Latent thyroid disorders causes
- Overactive thyroid disorder causes
- What causes fatigue and tiredness leading to depression and anxiety
- What are polynomial ovarian cysts and thyroid disorder
- Benign thyroid disorders causes