What causes depression after stopping Paroxetine?

Psychiatrist
Question
Hey XXXXXXX
My name is XXXXX and I need ur help, as I am going through some kind of depression from past few years. I was on medication for 1-1.5 years, it was by a very good doctor, back in XXXXXXX And my medication was - Xepar (37.5 mg) (Paroxetine) and I used to feel awesome and so amazing, when I was on this medication. Now i am in US, and i have stopped taking that medicine. So, kinda, everyday I be depressed and lethargic, and don't accept anything, where I am, or don't want to meet people or spend time with them.
can you help me in these symptoms?

Thanks,
XXXXXX
Posted Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Vipul Prajapati 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
consult psychiatrist

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,

Thank you for your Query.

I would like to know did you quit paroxetine suddenly or gradually?
Because sudden withdrawal of paroxetine cause withdrawal syndrome and also due to that felling of reappearance of symptoms of depression.
so consult psychiatrist to see whether symptoms is due to withdrawal of paroxetine or recurrence or relapse of depression.

Start again paroxetine with help of psychiatrist as you are having good response with paroxetine in past.

Awaiting your response.

Thank you..