• question-icon

What causes depersonalization?

Posted on Thu, 14 Jul 2016 in Mental Health
Question: why do I suffer fro. depersonalization/derealization all of the time? it just never goes away and it is so frustrating!!!!
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is mostly due to stress and related factors

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using healthcaremagic.

Although exact pathology for depersonalization and derealization not known but it is well established that depersonalization/derealization episodes mostly occur due to stress.

If you have chronic stress, the same may be applicable for you. Most of my patients who report with depersonalization/derealization on through history taking reveal deep rooted conflicts in their mind.

I feel it will be appropriate if you can opt for psychoanalaysis. By this method of analysis most of persons with depersonalization/derealization can unearth deep rooted conflicts. Once it is done the person can be helped out by therapist in conclusive manner.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for my future patients.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-ashok-kumar/67386
Thanks and regards.
Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist