• question-icon

What causes delusional confusion while treating heart disease and herniated discs?

Posted on Tue, 11 Jul 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: Hi,Dr I am on a number of meds for my heart & chronic pain fro Rupturing 6 dics while I was on the njob in 1989 as a Icu Respiratory therapist in 1989,I following cardioaversion am experiencing what is very weird to me,I have memories that I have to remind myself the difference between reality and imagination,is there anything I can do at this point,or just wait it out as I am doing now?
Answered by Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
advise to follow up with your primary to rule out dementia

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for trusting HealthcareMagic

Many people find themselves mixing up reality and fantasy. Since you are able to remind me yourself about reality vs fantasy, and if it is not affecting your daily life adversely, then it is nothing to be worried about.
However, since you are 67 years old, I recommend following up with your primary care provider to undergo mental status evaluation and memory testing to rule out early stages of dementia.

Hope this answers your questions
Please address further questions here
Dr.Lekshmi
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal