What causes delayed periods?

Posted on Thu, 3 Apr 2014 in Women's Health
Question: Sir, This month I did not had my period . my date was 12th March but it has already passed. today is 18th. From 10th March white liquid is disclosing till now. Not feeling to eat nicely, feeling vomiting, urine is yellow in colour and when i tested with prega news yesterdy morning, the result is negative. Cannot understand the problem. Please suggest me the way out.This month I did not had my period . my date was 12th March but it has already passed. today is 18th. From 10th March white liquid is disclosing till now. Not feeling to eat nicely, feeling vomiting, urine is yellow in colour and when i tested with prega news yesterdy morning, the result is negative. Cannot understand the problem. Please suggest me the way out.
Answered by Dr. S Patra 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: FOLLOW THE ADVICES. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments: 1) At first, you need to undergo one blood test for beta-hCG (most reliable) to clear doubt about pregnancy as you have missed period for 6 days. 2) In absence of pregnancy, hormonal imbalance, Poly Cystic Ovary, mental stress, emotional upset, irregular diet, high prolactin level, over weight, pelvic infection, thyroid disturbance etc can cause late period. In that case, one pelvic ultrasound scan and hormone test will be worthwhile to rule out the underlying cause and confirm the diagnosis. You must consult with her local GYNECOLOGIST after confirming pregnancy. 3) Proper treatment depends on diagnosis of the case. In this case, you may require progesterone pill (like Norethisterone etc) to induce your period after negative pregnancy test. Kindly, procure a complete prescription from her doctor. 4) In addition, you would take healthy diet with more green vegetables, drink more water, keep bowel habit regular, avoid mental stress by meditation or yoga, control body weight by regular physical exercise and maintain genital hygiene properly. Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=63326
Dr. S Patra

OB and GYN Specialist