What causes delayed periods?
Need more information
Welcome to HCM.
I can understand your concern. In my opinion delayed periods might be due to many conditions.
But before going to detailed discussion, I need some more information like ...
1. Do you usually have irregular periods or this is the first time?
2. Any weight gain or loss recently?
3. Any stress in life?
4. Marital status?
5. Any history of constipation?
6. Weakness if any?
7. Any excessive hair growth on face?
8. Dose of meprate tablets and number of days advised?
Kindly provide me the information for fruitful discussion.
my weight has been increased to 73.14 (before 5 months i was 64) .
more stress in my life and i am working women , job tension & in my home .
i am married and have 1 kid of 8 years old.
no contipation problem
felling very tired always , not able to regain my strength
no hair growth in my face,
doctor recomended for 5 days and the tablet 10mg
delayed periods might be due to harmonal imbalance
Hello dear, l understand your concern. I got your information.In my opinion delayed periods in your case might be due to
2.thyroid abnormality mostly hypothyroidism
3.ovarian causes like polycystic ovarian disease(PCOD)
But to confirm the cause you need to do set of investigations like
1.Thyroid profile to rule out thyroid abnormality
2.harmonal evaluation for PCOD like FSH,LH and others.
You have weight gain which is seen in all the above conditions like stress,hypothyroidism and PCOD.
But we can only confirm the diagnosis after getting the investigations done.
As you dint get periods after meprate you may need another course of harmones.
But dear make yourself stress free by doing yoga and meditation .
Better decrease your weight by exercise or walking daily.
Even 10% loss of weight will make the cycles regular sometimes.
Optimum weight of a person should be the height minus 100.ie.,for example if the height is 160 cm the optimum weight must be 160-100=60 kg.
So you can check the optimum weight by this.
Dont worry irregular periods are seen routinely seen these days so finding out its correct cause and giving apt treatment along with change in lifestyle will make the condition normal.
So relax and become free....
All the very best...
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes delayed periods after iud removal
- What is the cause of delay in period
- What causes delay in periods with cramping
- What causes delayed periods with spotting
- What is the cause of delayed periods post delivery
- What causes delayed period with sore breasts and constipation
- What could cause delay in periods
- What is the cause of illness and delaying period
- What is the cause for experiencing delay in periods
- What is the cause and treatment for delayed periods