What causes delayed periods?

Dr. Soumya

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Question: My due date was 17 XXXXXXX and itd july now I have no periods in july its been 10_15 days now to missed periods and I had done my bhcg and urine test for pregnancy it came out negative and having ultrasound I.e confusing to find out preg or not they seen a thin line of blood inside but not sure periods coming up or pregnancy. ....?
Answered by Dr. Soumya 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Negative pregnancy

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

Welcome to healthcare magic.

You are unlikely to be pregnant. Serum beta hCG is most conclusive test of pregnancy. If it is negative, then you are not pregnant for sure.

The thin line of blood what you saw was your period.

In women it is common to have periods delayed periods once in a while.

Delayed periods might be due to change in place, increased stress, examination, change in weight etc...

These situationsof delayed periods are also associated with reduced flow of blood.

Therefore dont worry about it. You are not pregnant and everything is fine.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Dr. Soumya
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T