What causes delayed periods?

Question
I have 28 days cycle and I have still not got my period this month. Its 31 days today. There are no clues of back ache / stomach pain which i usually get 3 days prior to my period. I got close to my husband on 30th day. Are there any chance of pregnancy? when can i check with my doctor?
Posted Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Chances of pregnancy are less

Detailed Answer:

I think you just have to wait and watch for the period. Sometimes the periods can be delayed because of trivial reasons not known. With the 30th Day encounter there are near to zero chances of pregnancy.

If you do not see spotting or bleed then you can see the local doctor.