What causes delayed periods?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2016
Mar 2016

OBGYN
Question
I had unprotected sex on 31st of May, 2014 and got my regular periods on 10th XXXXXXX 2014. But this month I was supposed to get my periods on 11th July and its still not happening. My cycle varies between 32-34 days. Please advise if I am pregnant?
Posted Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. S Patra 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
FOLLOW THE ADVICE.

Detailed Answer:

1) If you got period on 10th XXXXXXX following unprotected sex on 31st May, then your chance of pregnancy is EXTREMELY RARE in that cycle.

2) Hormonal imbalance, mental stress, over weight, emotional upset, irregular diet habit, pelvic infection can lead to late period and period date may vary up to 7 days normally.

3) If you DON'T involve in sex after your last period, then you have NO chance of pregnancy. Otherwise, you must undergo one home pregnancy test to clear doubt about pregnancy.

4) On negative test, you can wait few more days to get period naturally. You may require progesterone pill to induce period. Kindly, consult with your doctor.

Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.

Wish your good health and take care yourself. Practice safe sex always.

Dr Soumen

For future query, you can write me in following address:

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=63326