What causes delayed periods?
ANEMIA NOT A POSSIBLE REASON, OTHERS LISTED.
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
Apart from pregnancy, there could be various reasons for a delayed period.
Stress, anxiety, fever, lack of sleep, irregular eating habits, travelling, ingestion of hormonal medications, alcohol, smoking, unaccustomed exercise, weight changes - all could be possible reasons.
As such, anemia is not a reason for delaying periods, can you please upload the blood work reports that have been done so far ?
Once in a while, a period might be delayed without reason, due to mild hormonal imbalance within the body.
You should wait for a week more, and then consult a gynecologist to rule out conditions like polycystic ovaries, hypothyroidism etc.
Get an internal evaluation - per vaginum and per speculum plus a pelvic ultrasound scan and hormonal levels - FSH, LH, TSH, Prolactin, OGTT, DHEAS, Free testosterone etc.
Also, what is your height and weight ?
Do write back with more details.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes delayed periods after iud removal
- What is the cause of delay in period
- What causes delay in periods with cramping
- What causes delayed periods with spotting
- What is the cause of delayed periods post delivery
- What causes delayed period with sore breasts and constipation
- What could cause delay in periods
- What is the cause of illness and delaying period
- What is the cause for experiencing delay in periods
- What is the cause and treatment for delayed periods